Thursday, September 19, 2013

First Homework

Naomi has had a week of discovery. I thought I'd write about it, since I know lots of you share a particular joy in hearing how she's doing. Those of you who remember when there were questions about whether she'd ever reach these kinds of milestones.

She has learnt that it's fun to give things to people. Giving is so good, but it's also practical. When she has something she shouldn't have it's very useful when she enjoys giving it to someone. It also opens up new opportunities for her to be involved - like helping me getting dressed and tidying up - and she loves to be part of activities with everyone else. She also figured out that she can share her food with other people.

She has also suddenly realised she can play a part in other daily routines, like helping take her clothes off and helping Tim to do up the pushchair straps.

Reuben says that she took her first step. He was very proud. Tim and I haven't seen one yet.

Naomi turned in the bed from Tim's side to my side and back saying "Mama" and "Dada" at appropriate moments.

Tonight Miriam brought a story written as a play with 5 parts - one each. Naomi was the little goat gruff. She needed help with her lines and her trip trapping :), but she loved being a part of the activity.

Yesterday I turned round to see Naomi clutching Reuben's homework and his pencil with a look of delight, trying to figure out how to put them together. I brought her a piece of paper and helped her draw marks. She was very excited to see them, and to show them to Tim and to do more drawing with Miriam's help.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! Great to hear how you're all doing - all these delights brought a big smile to my face :D

    ReplyDelete